Guide to buying your first home
Buying your first home should not be an overwhelming process. Your Realtor® will help you at every step along the way.
Your guide to buying your first home:
1. Get pre-approved for a home loan and arrange for financing. Your Nexthome Northshore Realtor® can give you a list of lenders in the area that have been able to help other buyers just like you.
2. Once you are pre-approved your Realtor® can help you to determine what you want, and what options fit your price range.
3. Start searching for your home, our www.Nexthomenorthshore.com can help you find just the right home.
4. Select the home you love and make an offer. Your Realtor® will present the offer and take care of the negotiating.
5. Once your offer is accepted by seller.
6. Your Realtor® will order a home inspection, termite inspection and survey.
7. Your Realtor® will work with your lender to order an appraisal of the property.
8. Talk with your insurance agent about homeowners’ insurance options.
9. Ask your Realtor® about a home warranty.
10. Your Realtor® has a network to help you choose a real estate title agency to handle the closing. Their attorney will complete a title search and provide title insurance.
11. Schedule the closing. Find out how much money you will need at closing prior to the date and obtain the checks you’ll need.
12. Close on your home at the agreed upon date